Week of March 9, 2020
Latest and Greatest
The second trimester report cards go home tomorrow in the March 10th Tuesday Envelope. Once you have had the opportunity to look at it, feel free to contact your child’s teacher if you have any questions or concerns.
The 7 Habits of Happy Kids by Sean Hovey:
This month’s habit is, “Synergize, working together is better!” Working together means I get along well with other people and work well in a group. I value the strengths of others and allow myself to learn from them. I know that when working together as a team we can accomplish more and come up with better solutions then I could alone. Please discuss this with your little one and model this habit often.
Unit 5 Activity Calendar: Please note that the Unit 5:
Solving Problems Through Technology booklet and the activity calendar were sent home two weeks ago. Consider doing each day’s activities in place of or in addition to your child’s reading homework. If you do each activity on the calendar and sign each activity, your child can turn it in for three Bulldog Bucks!
Spring Break: There will be no school March 16th through 20th.
THIS WEEK’S Learning Focus
We are continuing Benchmark Advance, Unit 6:
Tales to Live By. In this unit, students read and compare selections from around the world to analyze how literature can provide insight into different cultures. Please see the parent letter for this unit on the back of the spelling tic-tac-toe sheet for ideas to help your child understand and practice the concepts we are learning in this unit.
We will continue Unit 2.7
Greater than 100. Last week, Unit 2.7’s family letter was sent home in your child’s homework folder. It will give you the ideas we are covering and ways you can help reinforce the concepts at home.
There will be a spelling test on Friday, March 13th on our unit 6 week 3 words. Please ensure your child is studying every night!
This Week’s Story:
On One Wheel
What can different cultures teach us?
High Frequency Words
- Monday-Read AR library books, practice spelling words using tic tac toe activity sheet, practice math facts
- Tuesday-Read AR library books, practice spelling words using tic tac toe activity sheet, practice math facts
- Wednesday-Read AR library books, practice spelling words using tic tac toe activity sheet, practice math facts
- Thursday-Read AR Library books, practice spelling words using tic tac toe activity sheet, practice math facts
- Complete 5 math homework pages and return it for a Bulldog Buck.
- Complete all of the Unit 5 Activity Calendar and have a parent/caregiver sign each day as you complete it. Then, return it for three Bulldog Bucks.